Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Shoo Fly!

Don't bother me!

For some reason the last week or so, my life has attracted flies. There is one every day in my cubicle at work, there is one buzzing around my kitchen as I speak, and there were one million when Jake took me shooting on Saturday.

Why do flies exist? The only thing they do is buzz around, and apparently they upchuck every time they land (wives tale?). How annoying.

Speaking of bugs. I'm reading The Secret Life of Bees and have never been so enchanted with an author's writing before. It's beautiful.

Speaking of books. I'm also listening to Harry Potter #5 on my iPod at work these days. It's way too long. But I'm determined to finish the series.

Any other good book suggestions?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. The Secret Life of Bees is one of my all time favorite books. The Teahouse on Mulberry Street is another great one. Some books from Deseret Book that are good are To Have or To Hold and Turning Point.

Lindsey said...

HP feels long because you're not reading it. Reading always goes faster! BTW, I love the Secret Life of Bees. Never saw the movie... didn't want to ruin the book!

Jill said...

I love Secret Life of Bees, I enjoyed that book a lot and would recommend "I capture the Castle" I read those two the same summer and loved both of them. Good luck with HP, book five was a killer but 6 and 7 are awesome. Glad you had fun shooting sounds like it was fun.

Bookaholic said...

I read that book some years ago and can't remember it. Maybe I'll reread it after your glowing endorsement.

I read TONS so have lots of books I could recommend. Your mention of bees reminded me of a series I really enjoyed that began with "The Beekeeper's Apprentice" by Laurie R. King. I think you'd really enjoy it.

Tiffany said...

"Hunger Games"
"The Brothers"- first in the Great and Terrible series I can't stop talking about

Anonymous said...

Hayley, its Lily! You must read The Glass Castle. And it has your last name in it, so it must be good, right? I loved the Secret Life of Bees. Right now I am reading a book called The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. Its so long, but so good!