Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Dreams

My mom has always told me that I was unique because "You need your sleep in order to function properly". This means the full 8 hours plus an occasional nap that she insisted I take. She was (and is) also the mother that if I said, "I'm hungry" on fast Sundays would whip me up a cinnamon toast and say, "Here, eat this. I don't want you starving yourself." And I always willingly obeyed. What else was a kid to do but obey her protective mother?

Now here I am, twenty years old and still take naps almost daily.... but only because my mother insists on it so I can indeed function properly. (Taha! Good excuse, eh.) And since I am starting my new 30-hour-a-week job today, I suppose my naps will be extremely limited from here on out. So, what else to do than take full advantage of my last few days as an unemployed individual. And what does this full advantage consist of, you ask? Napping. Oh, and reading. But mostly napping.

And, throughout the last couple of days [weeks?] of napping I have had the most peculiar dreams. My dreams are generally pretty predictable and usual. That is not the case with these dreams. I guess that is what I get for sleeping longer than I am awake.

The first dream was fairly predictable but nonetheless wonderful. I dreamt about my first day at my new job. I walked in greeted by a good dozen-and-a-half people, young and old. They were all smiling and ran towards me, crowding me as if I was a magnet for happy people. They treated me like a queen. And that was it.

The second dream was a thinker. I found myself in my room slowly opening a letter I had received in the mail. For some reason I was nervous and shakey. I opened the letter and started reading: "Dear Sister Hayley Beth Tintle," I was getting a mission call. "You have been called to serve in Bikagkdnadfkdsjf...." That wasn't the place obviously, but my brain only remembers it starting with a 'B' and ending in a combination of letters I had never seen. Even so, I was incredibly happy and peaceful and excited. I ran out of my room to another room full of people I loved who all cheered and supported me. When I showed my mom the letter she said, "Utah? You got called to Utah?" The End.

And lastly, a dream about food. In the last 6 months I have been a sushi fanatic. In my dream I had a party where everybody brought their favorite kind of sushi and we all dressed in Asian clothing and sat on the floor. It was a hit!

I try not to read into dreams too much because if I did, I would probably go insane. I also blame my dreams on my lack of awake.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hay you are so funny! Where is your new job? I hope you had fun camping! love you!!!

Stacie said...

i hope becca was at your asian party.

annie valentine said...

I definitely need to nap more. Last night I dreamed someone tried to mug me but I told them my husband was a special agent so they'd better watch out. He decided to let me keep my money, but when I turned around he shot me in the butt. Hmm, I wonder what I'm supposed to learn from that one?