Monday, July 21, 2008

Pain for Beauty

Here is a list of painful things I do in order to keep my girlish figure and cool attitude in order to be accepted socially by those I admire most:

*Wear a retainer to bed (after a year of not wearing it)so that my teeth are straighter than an arrow.

*Pilates. "Keep that tummy pulled in and squeeze your tushy!" -Mari Winsor

*Run. Thanks to our Greek friend Mr. Marathon all the way back in 490 BC we now have races to see who can run 26.2 miles the fastest. So not humanly natural, yet I do it.

*Pluck/wax/shave. Um, ouch!

*Eat only 4 cookies instead of 5. VERY painful.

*Down 3-32 oz. glasses of water in less than a day for glowing skin.

*When I was nine years old had a needle poked straight through each of my ears in order to dangle colorful beads and shiney things from them.

*Shoes. They're so cute who cares about the 18 boiling blisters?

And, lastly, but not leastly...

*Squeeze into those size 4 jeans from 3 years ago all the while cutting off any circulation you have remaining.

2 comments:

Emily said...

You are lucky your retainer still fit you! I did not wear mine for about six months and my retainer no longer fit. :P

annie valentine said...

You are so funny. My sister and I are laughing our heads off right now.