Monday, July 28, 2008

I beg to differ

On the 5 hour car ride home from Mountain Home, Idaho with my parents, many-a-conversation was had. Also said, many-a-disagreements were brought about. Here's one conversation between my sweet, sensative, encouraging father and I:

Me: I decided what I'm going to do with my life.

My parents in unison: What?!

Me: I'm going to open a cute little Bed And Breakfast in a cute little town with my cute little husband.

(Pause)

Me: I've never been to one, but I think I'd be really good at it.

My dad in his usual sarcastic tone: Why, because you're so good at keeping your room clean and you make gourmet breakfasts' for your mom and I every morning?

My mom under her breath: Keith! Gosh.

Me: That was rude. What do you think I'd be good at, then?

My dad: Marrying someone really rich and raising a family.


Talk about potential.

4 comments:

Emily said...

ha ha ha! i can seriously hear uncle Keith saying that! Hay you would be so good at opening up a bed and breakfast, beau and I would deffenetly come! Also, Beau and I wanting to take a trip up to Provo to check out BYU, when we do I want to call you so we can hang out!

Katie Lane said...

Go Hayley! I want to open a bed and breakfast too, really. Or a funky antique store. But family is it right now. Oh and of course, do marry a rich guy, that'd be perfect! Adam's working on the rich part right now.

Anonymous said...

You can do anything that you want Hayley. You are smart and strong! Aunt Sallie and I will be happy to visit your B & B. (BTW, I laughed at your story, sorry).

Hayley said...

Actually the Bed and Breakfast is a great idea which I support 100%
Of course that means that you would have to get out of bed.
Heaven knows that you should be able to be great at it given that you have lived in a bed and breakfast your whole life . . . mom has been a great example to you!