Thursday, January 29, 2009

I don't have internet at my apartment...

Excuse for not blogging number one million and three.

So yeah, they (whoever "they" are...)charge ten extra precious dollars a month to have crappy dial-up internet in my room. I am sorry, but I'd rather shop the clearance racks at Target once a month than waste it on some invisible connection to the world.

Before I moved out I was a twice-a-day(-or-more)-er. Meaning I checked my email, my blog, my facebook, my whatever else that connects me to people and makes me feel loved, twice a day (or more).

Now that I no longer have the luxury of doing so, I actually go out and socialize with people... face. to. face. Face to face, I said. Not face to flat, square, lit up piece of geeky technology. And, do you know what? I love it.

I've never felt more human in my life. It's rejuvenating, in fact.

Now, if God could only find a way to make my phone cost 10 more dollars a month. Please, oh please.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hay! I am so glad that you are loving your apartment! Beau and I are going to come down for your dads b-day! So hopefully we will be able to see you then...do you remember your dad's 50th birthday...you gave him benno. ha ha ha. love you girlie.

Stacie said...

I find so much joy in reading your blog dear.

Unknown said...

I dont buy your excuses Hay! GRRR...You keep me on my feet wondering whats up with me sis!