Sunday, May 30, 2010

We've got more bounce in California

So Jake and I headed down to California for a few days. Here's what we did.


Got fried at the beach.


Rode some sweet beach cruisers around Newport.


Then, guess where?!?!


Jake, I mean, Jack Sparrow.


Big Thunder Mountain! We we a little disappointed because after waiting for 20 minutes in line, we were next in line to get on the ride and the ride broke down. Sad day, but it was up and running later.


Big Ship Ride ... Don't know the name, but Jake loved it. 


I get a kick out of seeing our last name everywhere. Jake is used to it.


Main Street, just before the fireworks! You can see the itty bitty castle behind us.



And my favorite part... MINNIE!! I was really tired if you cant tell.


The next day, we went to Hollywood. I was hoping to see Ryan Seacrest or Simon, but no luck.


Look at Doris Day's little stilletto prints. Cute!


Jake's friend recommended we go to Roscoe's Chicken N Waffles. It's literally fried chicken and waffles together on a plate. I wasn't a fan. Plus, I was really scared to go inside because there was a bouncer at the front door. I guess things get pretty crazy at Roscoe's.


We also got to see the LA temple! It was humungus! And so cool and pretty surrounded by Beverly Hills neighborhoods. We also got to go to the beautiful Newport Temple.

One thing we didn't get a picture of was a really romantical date we went on. Thanks to my Aunt Susan (who'se house we stayed at), who gave us a $50 gift certificate to an amazing restaurant called the Anaheim White House. It was an old mansion covered in twinkle lights, white linen tablecloths and delicious food! We felt like stars! In the entry there are pictures of famous people who frequent this restaurant. Gwen Stephani was the main one, they even have an entree named after her! I was hoping to get a glimpse of someone famous, no luck again. The only crummy part was that this was the same day that we went to the beach and I got seriously fried. My skin was maroon. And it hurt! But, it was still so cool!

I had a great 5 days with my sweetheart! Since we will be in school for our 1st Anniversary next month, this was technically our Anniversary trip. Love you Jake my hunny!




12 comments:

Andrea Ingersoll said...

so fun!!!! you need to post more ok?

Stacie said...

This makes me want to go on a vacation with Raul, but considering our newcomer, it's going to be a long time :) Looks like you had so much fun, I simply love you both.

Unknown said...

i loved your comment about your "him" :) also that restraunt sounds absolutely adorable! i LOVE twinkle lights! disneyland is soo fun and seriously looks like an amazing trip! so funn!!!

Stephanie said...

so fun! happy anniversary!

Tyler said...

Roscoe's is amazing. We were the only white people inside when I went.

Katie Lane said...

FUN! love your swimsuit!
sad about thudner mountain. it's my favorite.
you and jake are adorable!
and yes i agree with ange, you do need to post more of your cute little selves!

Nicole said...

Super fun! Remember when we went there!! I bet you had more fun with your hubby :)

Jill said...

what a fun fun trip!!! We love that Castle sign at DL too. Love all the pictures!

Anonymous said...

I simply love you both.
beach cruiser bike

Anonymous said...

Shows How To Build A Killer Iphone App & Place It On The App Store To Earn $500,000 per annum. No Programming Skills Required........
Iphone Wealth Package

Anonymous said...

If there are signs or flashing lights stating to walk your bike please obey, it will help ensure your safety and the safety of others around you.bike cup holder

helena said...

Styled after health club rowers that can cost hundreds more, this piece of fitness equipment is designed with a fully enclosed air resistance system.
andriod