Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Spring Fever!




In the depths of the mass assemblage of snow Cache Valley has recieved this week, I found a ladybug. As I looked out my window at the ever-piling-up snow, getting frostbite just looking at it and thinking about how I had to walk to class in it in only a matter of minutes, this ladybug crawled up my window into my view. I associate these little creatures with summertime, so this discovery warmed my chilly insides. Overly-excited, I whipped out my camera and took a picture of him (I have referred to them as being male ever since watching A Bugs Life) in hopes of savoring this sunny moment. I decided the bug was no safer in my home than it was in it's natural environment, so I let it go. Good luck, little buddy.


And this silly picture of me demonstrates 2 things. One: I'm wearing short sleeves. SO ready for summer. Yet, it keeps snowing. Hawaii anyone? Two: My new glasses, which I love! Okay, I lied, Three: What is my face doing? I really don't know. It is just the most recent picture, and the whole point of a blog is to update on most recent events, right? I guess my most recent event is discovering the weird faces I can make. I did post it for the world to see, therefore you have all rights to use it as blackmail.

Anyways...

My brain has been overflowing with thoughts and wants of travel. I'm ready for an adventure, bring it on! I am thinking about studying abroad in the Fall. Not for sure, but, I have narrowed it down to England. But, I am so open for anywhere. Specifically somewhere with sun, and ladybugs. If possible. I'm not quite sure what to expect so, any suggestions or tips are MORE than welcoem. I'll pay you.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Hey Hay! England would be so fun! I would have to come visit you! (Joke) Add me to your space! love, em (your favorite cousin)

Emily said...

Yeah we need to go to the gym. Beau cannot come with me anymore, because he brings my motivation way down! Ha ha, how is your palaties class going? I am so mad that I cannot go because I have work at that time. Stink. Well, I love ya!

annie valentine said...

Go Hayley, see the world my beautiful sister. You have right now, then its over for the next 40 years. By the time you and your husband can get away to really travel, your arthritis will be so bad you won't be able to go. Fly little butterfly, fly away!

Lindsey said...

Hayley, if you crave SUN then DON'T go to England! I've heard it's as bad (or worse!) than Portland!!! Go to Mexico. Learn some Spanish and soak in the sun. Oh, and Mexico is cheaper than England, so there's another bonus! Love you!

Tiffany said...

I guess I differ from Linds, but I think England sounds wonderful because there are so many sights and landmarks to see...you'd get such a history lesson. Nothing better than seeing the real thing. Castles, countryside, the BIG EYE...it's all so cool. But then there is Hawaii.......

Tiffany said...

I guess I differ from Linds, but I think England sounds wonderful because there are so many sights and landmarks to see...you'd get such a history lesson. Nothing better than seeing the real thing. Castles, countryside, the BIG EYE...it's all so cool. But then there is Hawaii.......