Monday, August 4, 2008

The Youngest

There's no doubt that being the youngest child in my family has it's perks. But, for any of you youngests out there, you KNOW it's not all its cracked up to be. Tickle tortures, hand-me-downs, being the last to get married, being the last to do anything, and having your pet dog be your closest sibling.... not all things you older kids should be jealous of. I promise.

Not to mention having to live UP to those older siblings. "But your sister got good grades." "But your sister had a full time job and paid her way for everything." "But look at your brother, he's an eagle scout."

And even worse than THAT.... living down to what they didn't do. "I've always wanted one of my daughters to serve a mission, and since the other two got married first, you're my only hope" *Puppy dog face* -My Dad. How about that for guilt.

Excuse me, while I get back to my personal masseuse.

Youngest.... pshhh.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I always wanted to be the youngest. You are more spoiled. But I guess I had nothing to live up to, I paved the way for the others.

Brenton said...

Don't even get me started on being the OLDEST.
Excuse me while i go and bully someone...

annie valentine said...

I wouldn't trade it for the world. Except watching all my older siblings die off, that will really suck. Morbid I know, but I worry about it regularly (my oldest sis is 26 years older than me).

Katie Lane said...

ummm try being the oldest. the younger they get, the more freedom they have.

Andrea Ingersoll said...

Hayley! This whole time I thought you were blogless. The last time I looked you were saying farewell to your blog, and that's why I took your name off my list, but Im so glad you commented cause I just spent the last million hours reading it. I'M GLAD YOU DECIDED TO KEEP IT! It kinda gets boring looking at all the married peoples'. You are far more interesteding, and please....being the youngest has more perks than downers. Definitely. I'm just glad I wasn't the oldest....now that's where it really sucks. Okay...well welcome back. I'll totally set you up if you really want? You might be too good for those boys, but we could take a wack at it. You're too cute! PS I saw you at church a couple weeks ago and when I went to say HI you disapeared....