Saturday, October 4, 2008

I love the rain today

I love the rain today so much that I wish I had a portable pause button to make this weather last until I wanted sunshine. Someday when I have my own world, there will be two types of weather: Hard rain with forever dark grey skies and Sunshine. Nothing in between and definitely none of this snow business. Except on Christmas. Snow is allowed on Christmas and Christmas Eve, but that's it.

I realized something about myself and I think I'm ready to admit it. This is big.

I am an incurrably romantic human. And I figure that is the reason I love rain so much, because it gives me an excuse to snuggle, listen to Norah Jones, and dream of having some perfect man knock on my door, drenched in rain, grab my hand without saying anything and kiss me hard on the lips.

See what I mean?? It's horrible and completely embarrassing.

Laugh now, but when I find him, and I will, I'll be the one saying I told ya so.

3 comments:

Katie Lane said...

Hayley, I am just like you. I love the rain and I either want it to be dark and gloomy or bright and sunny. No in between. and I love to cuddle and be all romantic. Just ask every guy what their favorite movie is and don't stop until you hear "Pride and Prejudice, the new one." Then you've found him. (I found mine, I'll keep looking for ya.)

Stacie said...

I bet Rauland would be more than happy to make a phone call to send his idea of your Mr. Right to your door the next time it rains :)

annie valentine said...

And you're really from Portland. Don't forget that little detail.