Thursday, October 9, 2008

Leaves

I love Fall, but it always seems to live up to it's name. It can't stay forever and just as soon as it comes, it falls away and disappears into a marshmallow world.

I am proud to say, though, that this Fall, or Autumn as I optimistically would rather call it, I have taken full advantage of the 70-something degree weather and light jackets.

Rewind 10 or so years earlier to Hayley as a ten-year-old. My most favorite after school activity was crunching leaves. Walking home from the bus stop, my girly friends and I would fight to the death to get the best leaf to crunch. We would stomp, crunch, and slosh through piles of the warm-tinted leaves, being sure not to leave one leaf behind uncrunched.

And today, as my 20-year-old-self, I still unconsciously go out of my way to crunch the few leaves in my range as I walk to class.

Go ahead, tell me to grow up.

2 comments:

annie valentine said...

Who can resist them, really? Never grow up, Hayley. Don't ever grow up.

Stacie said...

Annie took the words right out of my mouth, never ever grow up.