Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Everyday

So, Fall semester 2009 rolls around and a last-minute decision for me to not go rolls it right back where it came from. Which leaves me with nothing to do but my part-time job, cooking and cleaning for the family who lives downstairs (Yay for free rent). Poor old me, who has wanted nothing in the last 8-9 months of being engaged and wedding planning but "just a little free time". And now I have it. But in bounties. My free time cup is spilling over and creating a big glob of boredom. But why am I making this sound bad? Well, it's because my extremely hot husband will be gone from 7 am to 8:30 pm Monday - Thursday. That made me feel quite bad for myself during the first week and a half of school as I twiddled my thumbs waiting to hear his footsteps, until it hit me. I realized that until January 2010 when I return to school, I. Have. Free. Time!! To take up yogalaties. And to sleep more. And to read books of my own choosing. And to quilt and sew and make things. And to shop. And to go to lunch with my mom. And to volunteer places. And to blog.

All of the things I've wished to have time for. It all just came true. So here goes my plan:

I'm going to blog. Everyday. About my free time. And if I miss a day or two here and there, I'm not going to beat myself up. Too badly. I have always liked to write, and to keep my brain juices flowing while not in school, I think it is a good plan. You see, with a blog, there are so many out there, and to think of something clever to write about everyday is kind of a joke. But I have an advantage. My lovely, great, glorious, wonderful, free time! I mean, haven't you always wondered what it would be like to have so much free time? Now you can live it through me. This offer is exclusive and expires January 2010.

1 comment:

Katie Lane said...

I'm so excited to live through you because my free time = zero.