Thursday, September 10, 2009

Rolls of Orange and better things.

Today was my second attempt at making orange rolls. 'Attempt' is quite accurate because neither time did they rise. The first time, the yeast did not even make a budge, but I went for it anyways. This time, though, I waited, and watched, and the yeast not only grew... it doubled! Just like the package said it would. So I made the dough and left it to rise. And, instead, it sunk.

And I don't even know why this time.

Any breadmakers out there who can tell me why they didn't rise?

On a better note, I'm making some pretty cute things with all of the glorious fabric scraps I stole from my amazing quilter of a mother in law.

After I wanted to be a zoologist, and before I wanted to own a quaint Bed and Breakfast, I wanted to own a fabric shop. I pictured a great old house with creaky floors and odd-shaped doors covered from wall to wall in bolts of fabric. Next to Barnes and Noble, fabric stores are where I could spend hours upon hours just gazing and learning and creating and imagining and coveting.

And guess who has the free time to do just that? :)

Me!

3 comments:

Kylar said...

I'm absolutely jealous!! I'm right with ya there on the Barnes and Nobles and Fabric store thing, I spent most of my summer in those exact places!

Jill said...

I'm no expert but I might be able to help with the orange rolls if I saw the reciepe??? You should come over, my house is a little quieter now that Landon and Colter have preschool and Kindergarten! I have been going head band and baby dress CRAZY!!!! I've caught the sewing fever!!

Unknown said...

was your yeast still good?