Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Web Design: Hate or Love?

I'm in my very first Web Design class.

I wouldn't go straight to hate, but lets just say I never thought Graphic Design would involve learning a new alienish language. (Ever heard of HTML? Yeah, that.)

However, I am getting a little bit (nerdily) excited to make my own website to post my portfolio. As I've been researching and coming up with ideas, I found this amazing design portfolio that I am thinking of stealing. (Okay, not really, but I wish I would have come up with it first.)

Here's a little peek at what it's like. Clever, simple, easy to navigate, creative. Love it.

6 comments:

Sophie Weber said...

Hayley! I LOVE LOVE I think yours is better than hers.. just sayin ;)

ashley said...

Sometimes I'm excited to check your blog to see if you talk about graphic design because a TINY bit of me is living vicariously through you :) Rob and I have been working on my portfolio site and web design is a lot more difficult than I thought! Basically we ripped off someone else's portfolio too... we figured she'll never see it :)

Lindsey said...

Super Cute! Are they teaching you how to use Word Press at all? I just bought two books to help me figure it out. That's what the designer used for our dental website, and I have to go make changes. Looks like fun!

jakes said...

Hello, The initial impression that a website has on users has a significant effect on the perception of the visitor regarding the products. It also determines whether or not the visitor will navigate to another website.
Thanks for this great sharing.
Web Design Mississauga

Ferran Torras said...

Hi there, thanks for your comments about my website.
If I could give you a hand with anything, let me know.
By the way stealing it's not the best way to design... ;)

Tiffany said...

Nate Burkas said we are all copy cats...and that's great. I know you and you will take anything and make it way better by putting your own Hayley touch on it. And, I've never thought of you as a nerd, and never will.